Kuwait’s New Passenger Terminal Building designed by Foster + Partners is a state-of-the-art terminal building in all aspects such as the level of comfort for passengers, setting a new environmental benchmark for airport buildings and operational efficiency.
The terminal building comprises three symmetrical wings of departure gates. This world-class building provides 25 million passengers per annum once completed and with further expansion could accommodate 50 million passengers.
STAND Engineering provided Structural Engineering Services which include:
- BIM Modeling of the Inner Structure Building – 3D representation of the Terminal Building Inner Structure, spatial relationships, geographic information, quantities and properties of materials, components, and assemblies using real-time dynamic building modeling software to enable greater productivity in building construction.
- BIM Coordination with Architecture, MEP, and 7 geographically dispersed disciplines during design and construction
- Maintaining the flow of information between other disciplines (Architectural, MEP, etc.) model entities.
- BIM Content Library of the Structural Model of the Building
- Families mapped to required data containing all the objects/families in use on the project
- Structural Analysis and Design Verification – Analytic Modeling of the Structure, and design verification and application of the tender design.
- The creation of the shop drawings from the BIM Model (Formwork plans, Application plans, etc.)
- Data Sheets and Schedules Preparation
- The creation of the deliverables, where design information (including non-geometric Attributes) contained in the Model
- Quantity Take Off (QTO) – the extraction of materials from the BIM Model in a structured format that is aligned and compatible with the Contractor’s Bill of Quantities